Santa’s ‘Merry SNOWmen’18.12.2019
It’s official – Christmas is here! Yule be sure to treat yo’elf with Aldi’s boozy twist on these delicious and dazzling desserts this festive season.
Whether you fancy a warm cocoa drink on a frosty winter’s night by the fire or are baking up a storm for your Friendsmas celebrations, Aldi continues to sleigh this year bringing extra Christmas ‘cheer’ to shoppers’ favourite Christmas treats. These recipes will be keeping shoppers merry and magical all holiday.
- 200ml cold water
- 50g The Pantry caster sugar
- 85g Cowbelle unsalted butter
- 100g The Pantry plain flour
- Pinch of salt, 3 eggs
- 300ml Cowbelle double cream (for cream filling)
- 100g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp Aldi’s The Infusionist Caramel & Hazelnut Rum Liqueur
- 3 tbsp Cowbelle double cream (for chocolate sauce)
- Chocolate chips and fizzy cola laces (for decoration)
- Heat water and add butter. Then add the flour, sugar and salt to the boiling water and beat until dough forms.
- Once the dough comes cleanly away from pan edges, leave to cool for 10 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Beat eggs in a bowl and gradually add the egg to dough mixture to form choux pastry.
- Pipe 8 choux buns about 2 inches wide, 8 buns about 1.5 inches wide and 8 about 1 inch wide. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove smallest buns from oven.
- Continue baking for another 5 minutes before removing the medium sized buns and repeat for the largest buns.
- Leave buns to cool, whip the cream and make the chocolate sauce.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and then stir into the double cream, before adding Aldi’s Caramel & Hazelnut Rum Liqueur.
- To finish the Snowman Towers, pipe the whipped cream into hollow centres and use the boozy white chocolate sauce to top. Once cooled, stack the towers and decorate.